June 3, 2009

Sick and Tired of Being Pregnant

Despite Michelle's claims, I think this pregnancy is already much more difficult than her previous pregnancies. She has started having her morning sickness which lasts all day. Not only that but she so tired that she is having a hard time getting the basics done.


We have discovered that sitting and laying down have helped to ease the nausea. However, sleeping doesn't seem to help with the tiredness. Right now she is taking naps that range from 1 hour to all day and she is still exhausted.


I feel bad for her but there doesn't seem to be much that I can do to help. On occasion she'll want a glass of milk to settle her stomach so I rush to the kitchen to get it for her. During "quiet time," while Aleky is sleeping, I try to pull double duty and watch the kids (and try to keep them quiet) so that Michelle can get a good nap. While I know that Michelle appreciates the help I don't really know how much good it is really doing. Michelle may just have to survive this first tri-mester of her pregnancy.

Comments