April 19, 2010

Studying: A Preparation for Finals

The craziness of the semester is magnified as you get to finals. This semester my finals are all comprehensive. While everyone class expects you to remember everything that they have presented to you, this semester my teachers are planning to see if this theoretical expectation is true! So I've be confined to the library to try and recall all of the information from this intense semester.


I've been fortunate to have a great study buddy through this semester. Whitney Jensen has been in my anatomy class and my microbiology class. So we've had a lot of information to review. It has been a blessing to have someone willing to put in so much time studying all of this stuff. Admittedly, most of our time has been spent studying anatomy concepts, especially relating to the tricky testing proceedure of the lecture portion of this class. Another large chunck of time has been spent in the lab going of thousands of anatomical landmarks.



Lucky for both of us we've found some other dedicated friends along the way. Rachel Solter was another dedicated student who has spent many hours studying and reviewing for these exams. (I'm surprised we didn't get a study room named after us in honor of all the hours we've spent there studying this semester!)


I'm grateful for the patience of my study buddies this semester. Thank you for all your time and patience as we've worked through this tidal wave of information and exam preparation.


(Posted 7/24/10 - Update: I ended up with C's on both anatomy finals, lecture & lab; C on my microbiology final, A on my physiology final; didn't take my psychology final because I had aced the rest of the class and was exempt.)

Comments