September 5, 2011

Labor Day 2011

I have had a wonderful day today with my family.  We went camping this weekend and had a marvelous time with Grandma and Grandpa Petersen and Uncle Kyle up near Hourglass lake.  We decided to come home early and spend today unpacking and preparing for the coming week without making Michelle have to do all of the work.

This morning Donovan woke us up at 7:45 am! Holy Cow...I haven't been able to sleep in that late in a long time.  We got up and simply had some cold cereal so we could get going for the day.  We had our scripture reading after breakfast, a little break in tradition but not completely disruptive to the harmony of our home.  After breakfast we finished getting dressed, teeth brushed, hair combed, etc.

We had a brief family council and talked about helping to do chores because we had just had a fun vacation/camping trip to the mountains with lots of fun activities.  We all pitched in and started with putting camping gear away and sorting a huge pile of laundry.  Once the laundry was sorted and the first load in the washer we hit some of the other chores around the house.  David mowed the lawn, Donovan washed windows and a few other chores.  Michael, Aleky and Quinten were done helping with chores and were content to play.

I started loading pictures to this blog and deleting unneeded files to clear space for the camping trip photos and videos that we took this weekend.  While this activity is time consuming I don't have a lot to show for it yet, but it's coming.  (For those of you who follow this blog I would recommend an RSS feed or you'll miss most of the post that will be coming!)  Donovan played on the computer and David and Michael were exited to watch.

We took a break from the computer to have a family movie with carmel popcorn.  David read "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" and we promised to watched the movie together.  Michelle and I made the popcorn and the arranged the living room into a theater.  We enjoyed the movie together.

Michelle surprised me with a cheese ball for my birthday which she must have made while I was down working on the computer.  She slipped out during the movie with Gidean and never returned!  Once again she surprised me with one of my favorite cakes!  She managed to get two great tasty morsels created without me knowing, until the very end.  What a wonderful sweetheart to do that for me.

Now the kids are in bed I thought I would get something posted to show for all the time spent on the computer today.  Again, make sure you have an RSS feed if you're interested in the various adventures of our family spanning much of this summer!

Comments