March 1, 2009

Jones Soccer Game

After our chores were done the boys were ready to play a game of soccer with Daddy. We set up our soccer goal on one side of the field and a set of cones on the other side. The game started as a 1-on-1, David vs Goliath (Daddy).

This first game went pretty good. It was close and I was able to hold my own against David. I'm not sure what the final score was because we started to get some interference from Donovan who didn't want to be left out of the action. So he jumped in and was playing on David's team. At first he wanted to play forward and score the goals but he was having a difficult time keeping up with the fast tempo and decided he would do better as the goalie.

I think that he should be awarded the Defensive Player of the Game. Since we didn't actually have a recorded keeper or statistician I don't have exact numbers but as near as I recall, Donovan has something near 78 saves! I think it only fair that I be awarded the Offensive Player of the Game with at least 97 goal attempts. In the end I was thoroughly defeated. The final score was 7 - 2, the boys.

Don't, for a minute, think that Aleky and Michael didn't get into the action. Aleky was there playing on my team. He got a few good passes in but wasn't doing much on defense. Michael kind of played hit and miss, sometimes he hit (kicked) the ball and sometimes he missed. But we had a blast playing in the beautiful spring weather. We finally called the game at 12:30 when I realized I had forgot to feed the boys lunch.

Comments