March 6, 2009

Kindergarten Program

We had the privilege of watching David in his school's Kindergarten program. The program illustrated the typical day in a kindergarten classroom. However, they did manage to shorten the time to just 90 minutes.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't been there myself. We arrived about 30 minutes early to ensure good seating and we were already resigned to sit in the back half of the gymnasium, behind the extra tall parents! What we discovered was that there was front row seating if you were willing to sit on the floor and Michelle thought that was a fabulous option. So she took Donovan and Michael to the front. Since it was just Aleky and I left (I wasn't in the mood to sit on the wood floor for 2 hours) Michelle found me a single seat on the front row next to some of our friends in the ward.

All the kindergarten students participated in several group songs. But selected students would help with portraying a classroom activity or act out special parts in the other songs. David got to participate in the wiggle wiggle dance.

Comments