May 30, 2009

Angels & Demons

Michelle and I finally got to go on a date! Sometimes it seems so tough to find someone who is willing to watch 4 charming little boys on a Friday or Saturday night. But when we do find someone with such charm and charisma we take full advantage of it. Tonight we went to see the new movie "Angels and Demons." I have read two of Dan Brown's books and I have enjoyed them. Angels and Demons was the first book I read and The Da Vinci Code was the second book. I loved The Davinci Code so I wanted to watch Angels and Demons as well.

The movie was a fairly good representation of the book. I'll admit, I haven't read the book in several years but the movie followed the book as I remember it (mostly). The story begins with the death of the Catholic Pope and the abduction of the 4 Preferiti (the Cardinals mostly likely to succeed as the next Pope). Robert Langdon, an American symbologist, is sought out to help decipher the cryptic message describing the sinister plot to kill the Cardinals and destroy the Catholic Church leadership.

Robert Langdon quickly flies to Rome and immediately begins to decipher the message and find the clues that lead him to the 4 churches where the Cardinals are executed. The path leads Robert Langdon to the killer and in a dramatic ending, Robert foils the plots and the church leaders are spared.

While the action was great the executions were gruesome. So I don't anticipate seeing this video in my personal collection. The symbol below was supposed to appear in the movie (in my opinion) but it didn't so I included it here. I think this symbol is just too cool too be left out.

Comments