May 26, 2009

I'm Not Sleeping...I'm Thinking

This morning I heard the pitter-patter of little feet but I was hoping to sleep all the way until my opportunity clock sounded. Since there wasn't any loud noises I wasn't too concerned and dozed back to sleep. That around 6:00 am. When I finally got out of bed at 6:30 am I found David lying on the couch with a couch cushion on his head. I commented, "you bed is more comfortable for sleeping than the couch," as I walked by. David, from under the cushion said, "I'm not sleeping Dad, I'm thinking." Well it's tough to argue with that logic, even at 6:30 in the morning.

Well, it wasn't to long after that when the rest of the family began waking up. So as I gathered the children together for scripture reading I discovered that David was deep in though. In fact, the thinking was so deep that he could not be roused for our family scripture reading and testimonies.

Comments