May 12, 2009

We're Gonna Have A Baby!

Well, it's official. Michelle had a positive pregnancy test today. I'm pretty excited but Michelle is something close to ecstatic! She has been secretly trying to get pregnant since the beginning of the year; she wanted to surprise me on Father's Day (in June) with an ultrasound of a baby girl. Now we're hoping that we'll be able to surprise everyone with the ultra-sound by Pioneer Day in July (that's still pretty early for an ultra-sound to identify the gender).

Michelle has informed me that since she is going to be carrying the baby for 9 months that she gets to decide when we will announce the pregnancy to the world, or at least our friends and family. Our current projected due date is January 14, 2010.

The timing is ironic because we just discovered that Alexis and Autumn (my sisters) and Heather (my cousin) are all pregnant as well. Alexis and Heather are due around mid-November (when Michelle wanted to be due) and I'm not sure when Autumn is due but probably around the same time. I guess it is the season to be having kids!







Comments