December 13, 2008

The First Snow-Fall of The Season

Well, it's finally happened. Snow has arrived in Utah (and not just in the tops of the mountains)! The boys were going crazy when they realized that snow was falling. This morning they were playing downstairs to avoid cleaning up the living room so they didn't notice the first snow flakes. I couldn't help it...I let the cat out of the bag and told them it was snowing outside. They came storming up the stairs like a herd of elephants and I barely escape the stampede!

Since David is old enough to quickly dress himself he was outside in a flash! The only problem is "what do you do in the snow all by yourself?"

After a few minutes of wandering around the yard he came back inside the house. It was warmer and that's where his brothers were. While Donovan and Michael were distracted, David found the Leapster and started playing one the games. Now that Donovan and Michael were dress they had their chance to go play in the snow. With 2 of them out there they could have a little more fun.

Well, David is not one to be left out of a good time for long! So he rejoined his siblings for an exciting outing in the snow. With their new snow boots and heavy-duty mittens they could withstand the cold for hours...apparently! It was so quite in my office that I had to check on where the boys had gotten off to. And there they were, playing in the snow have a good ole time.

I love the snowy part of winter...it's the cold that doesn't go away that I could do without. But I guess it 'tis the season. I'm excited that the boys had a great time outside!

Comments