February 21, 2009

BYU Living Legends Concert

Friday night Michelle and got to go on a date to see the BYU Living Legends concert on BYU campus (at the De Jong Concert Hall). We owed Aunt Cheyenne a great big THANK YOU! She had amazing seats but her plans for attending the concert a second time fell through. She called me up and offered us her tickets AND was willing to babysit for us so that we could attend the concert.

While it may take me a little while to catch on to some things I didn't need help recognizing this fantastic opportunity. So I quickly agree to her proposal. We were running exactly on schedule, okay maybe slightly behind, but I picked Cheyenne up and brought her to our house. She came in, kicked Michelle out the door and we were off.

Aunt Trista is one of the members of the Living Legends this year and so is our friend Jacob Uda. So we were pretty excited to see them in action. I was certainly impressed with the performance. I can see how this group is an amazing missionary tool as they perform all over the US. It was also fun to see Grandma & Grandpa Jones and Larissa there too.

So in the end I got a fabulous evening with my wife. The kids got put to bed and I didn't have to do it. It was enjoyable to watch a fantastic concert. And we were able to rejoice with my sister as she did a wonderful job performing.

Comments