February 27, 2009

Flyer Distribution

We had an unexpected blessing. Wednesday night, after we put the children to bed, we had an unexpected visitor. I was working downstairs in the office when Michelle came down and told me that the Bishop was here to see me. My heart skipped a bit as I wondered what the Bishop would want with me at 9:00 at night. I couldn't think of anything so I headed upstairs. As it turned out, he just wanted some help distributing flyers for our ward activity tonight. That was something I felt I could handle.

We decided that we would make it a family activity. So after dinner on Thursday we got shoes and jacket on and headed into the night. David ended up putting the flyers on every door. Donovan wanted to push Aleky in the stroller and did a great job, all by himself. Michael was tickled to death that he was able to be the first one to each corner (he usually doesn't win these foot races with his brothers). And I was able to take a nice evening stroll with my wife.

We only had a small section of the neighborhood to canvas so it went fairly quickly. But it was enjoyable to be out with the family. The warmer weather was a welcome opportunity to be outside in the "starlight" (I don't know if you can really be in the starlight with so many city lights). We were home in 45 minutes and everyone was notified of the activity. What a fantastic way to provide service as a family.

Comments