February 22, 2009

Game Night Leaves Me Exhausted

Saturday night we had an enjoyable evening playing games with a couple couples. Neil & Kelley Johnson and Elisa & Nathan Simmons joined us at our house to play a few games and share some wonderful treats. Once our guests had arrived we settled down at the kitchen table to begin the games.

Oh, the embarrassment when I discovered that the promised games were missing! I went to their usual storage spot and they simple were not there. It was then, to my horror and embarrassment, that I realized I had left them at my mother's house (we met my brother and his family at my mother's house to play games for FHE and forgot to bring the games home). Fortunately for us the Johnson's just happened to bring over a couple of back-up games. So after a quick explanation and a laugh we broke out the other games.

We ended up playing Jaimaica and Clue (board games). After a slow start and what appeared to be imminent defeat, a change in the tides allowed me to pull off a spectacular victory. However, the tide didn't flow in my favor for Clue. The Simmons had a much better strategy for uncovering the evil plot and had a most decisive victory; I wasn't anywhere near a point of even hazarding a guess that would have had a chance to be lucky enough to win.

The treats were great; Elisa made chocolate chip cookies and Michelle made an eclair cake. The company was fabulous and it was a most enjoyable time. The hour was late! Amazingly, the kids woke up at 7:00 am just like every other morning leaving me quite fatigued (there was a time in my life where I wouldn't even consider going to bed before midnight). I had a great time and I will probably do it again; I'll just need to plan on some recovery time the next day.

Comments