November 21, 2008

Baby Shower Is Filled With Sweetness

Michelle was invited to a baby shower tonight. The decision wasn't hard even though it was Friday night. The event was being hosted by a culinary expert and dinner was included (with the price of admission...one baby gift). Obviously she went and had a wonderful time, leaving me to fight for the survival of my little boys.

We survive, only just. I whipped up some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese along with some fruit (on the side). The boys loved me! The gobbled up their dinner and then wanted treats. Well, you can't tell 'em no after they ate all their dinner so now they love me even more. The dinner ended and Michelle showed up wondering what she would find, having left all the boys home alone. And she was thrilled to see the boys all ready for bed, having eaten (all their) dinner, brushed their teeth, said their prayers and were just getting reading to be tucked in for the night.

As I tucked the boys in to bed Michelle leaves to unload the car...? She was taking gifts not getting them. I was certainly perplexed when she brings in this huge pot of soup. I was definitely confused by this turn of events. I quickly tucked the boys into bed and hurried out to investigate. That's when I noticed this pan of...something yummy sitting next to the huge pot of soup. Michelle could tell that my brain was struggling with this whole turn of events so she kindly explained what had happened to turn a a gift giving experience into a treasure trove of goodies in return.

Apparently she went to the shower like normal. She hadn't had anything to eat since this morning so she was starving and helped herself to some generous portions of soup and yummy stuff. After the party was over she somehow ended up with the left-overs which she brought home to share with me. I still don't know what this yummy stuff is called but Michelle is supposed to be getting the recipe! I can hardly wait!!!

Comments