November 18, 2008

The Library Is Full Of Exciting Things Called Books

I've discovered a new and exciting place in town. It's called the library! They have thousands of books and you can borrow them for FREE! They really don't have a limit on the number of books that you can take at a time, at least not a limit that I'm likely to reach any time soon. It is really cool. You find the books that you want, waive your library card at them and they tell you to bring the books back in 3 weeks and enjoy...just like that.

So the tough part is picking out the books that you want. With thousands of books lining shelf after shelf, how do you possibly pick out the books you want? I have found that I can just walk up to any shelf, start picking up books and they're all new to me. So it doesn't really matter, just pick up a handful of different books, check them out and off I go. The boys have been thrilled. New books for the past 2 weeks.

I have discovered that reading a book a night just doesn't work. Usually its more like 4 or more books and they're not done when I am. So my handful of books for the week...only lasts about 2 nights. But since this is a new discovery I'm still learning. And the boys love the process.

Comments