November 2, 2008

Daylight Savings Time...A Free Hour in Time

I'm not sure what to think about daylight savings time. On days like today I think it is a wonderful idea. In the fall we "fall back" an hour and basically get a free hour! But there are other days (like the one in spring where we "spring forward" and lose an hour) that I wonder at the absurdity of it all. While I lived in Arizona there were many days where the time was an hour different depending on which side of the street you were on! (Arizona doesn't use daylight savings time but the Navajo reservation does and some towns are split!)

Regardless of my waivering opinion on the subject, the fact is that today I got an extra hour. While some people would use that time for sleeping that isn't really an option when you have young children who don't value the extra hour of sleep. I would suspect that most people would have used that extra hour to study their scriptures, pray or in some way enlarge their souls, recognizing this hour as a gift from heaven. I'm not quite that good so I used my hour to catch up on my blog. With a holiday this past week I haven't had time to write about everything because we've been to involved in doing it! So this extra hour has been a chance to catch up on the great memories of this fall/Halloween season!

(and I've also modified the comments so that my non-blogger friends and family can now comment)

Comments